Financial Analyst - IT, New York
We are searching for a Financial Analyst who will work very closely with IT department to help develop market prediction models. The role involves analyzing both fundamental and technical data and use advance analytical methods to generate recommendations.
- • Build and maintain statistical models to develop our global research coverage.
- • Leverage expertise to help integrate and incorporate modeling and screening tools into equity sector analysis strategies and processes.
- • Recommend individual security selection/removal, country weightings and ratings, reports, and communication with the internal team.
- • Utilize multiple sources of information to stay current on a particular region, including: Industry publications and macro research, Public company filings (SEC filings), company meetings, presentations, public information/Industry contacts.
- • Expert knowledge in the development of quantitative measurement techniques and execution for various models through statistical testing, data validation and parameters estimation through statistical analysis to determine accuracy, rank ordering and soundness.
- • Strong quantitative skills with the ability to combine investment knowledge and technical expertise to produce effective results.
- • Proficiency in econometric modeling and various simulation techniques. Experience with advanced time series analysis, limited dependent variable modeling techniques, and other non-linear and advanced statistical methods.
- • Experience with standard equity research tools such as Thomson, Bloomberg, FactSet and/or Morningstar Direct.
- • Experience using statistical tools such as Mat Lab, Python, C++, and/or Access.
- • Past experience in presenting in front of large and small group settings.
- • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills using data to identify trends and issues and potential ways to solve the issue.
- • Attention to detail, accuracy and high level of personal accountability.
- • Able to establish strong, positive business relationships and work collaboratively and cross organizationally.
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- • Flexible and adaptable in reaction to change.
- • Able to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives.
- • Masters or PhD in finance, investments, or similar field.
- • CFA, CAIA, CIMA. • Global equity research or portfolio management experience.
Please email your resume to email@example.com